Source: How to Adult
Laundry can be a daunting task, especially for those who are new to it. However, with a few basic guidelines, doing laundry can be a breeze. In this guide, I will take you through the steps to help you successfully complete your laundry.
- Step 1: Sort your clothes Before starting your laundry, you should sort your clothes according to their color and type. Dark clothes should be separated from light clothes, and delicate fabrics should be separated from regular ones. This helps to prevent colors from bleeding onto other clothes and ensures that each item is washed in the appropriate way.
- Step 2: Pre-treat stains If you have any clothes with stains, pre-treat them before washing. Apply a stain remover directly to the affected area and let it sit for a few minutes before washing. This will help to lift the stain and make it easier to remove during the wash.
- Step 3: Load the washing machine Once you have sorted and pre-treated your clothes, it's time to load the washing machine. Fill the machine with clothes, leaving some space for the water and detergent. It's important not to overload the machine as this can affect the quality of the wash.
- Step 4: Add detergent Next, add your chosen laundry detergent to the machine. Follow the instructions on the label to determine the appropriate amount of detergent to use for your load size. If you have particularly dirty clothes, you may want to add a bit more detergent.
- Step 5: Choose the appropriate cycle Select the appropriate cycle on the washing machine for your load. Different fabrics and colors require different cycles, so make sure you choose the right one to ensure that your clothes are washed correctly.
- Step 6: Dry your clothes Once the wash cycle is complete, remove the clothes from the machine and transfer them to the dryer. Make sure to check the care labels on your clothes to determine the appropriate temperature to use. If you have delicate fabrics, it's best to air dry them.
- Step 7: Fold and put away your clothes Once your clothes are dry, it's time to fold and put them away. This will prevent them from getting wrinkled and help you stay organized.
By following these simple steps, even beginners can successfully do their laundry. With a little practice, you'll become a laundry pro in no time!
In conclusion, laundry may seem like a daunting task for beginners, but with a little practice, it can become a simple and routine chore. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can effectively sort, wash, dry, and fold your laundry with ease. Remember to always read and follow the care labels on your clothing, use the appropriate detergent and settings for your machine, and take necessary precautions to avoid damaging your clothes. With these tips and tricks, you'll be well on your way to becoming a laundry pro in no time!