How to remove fingerprints and smears from glass oven doors
Fingerprints and smears are one of the most common issues that occur on glass oven doors. Here are some tips for removing them:
- Use a microfiber cloth or a soft, non-abrasive cloth to avoid scratching the glass.
- Dampen the cloth with warm water and a mild soap, then gently wipe the glass to remove the smudges.
- For stubborn smudges, use a mixture of baking soda and water, applied with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using rough or abrasive sponges, as they may scratch the glass.
How to clean a glass oven door using soap and water
Cleaning your glass oven door with soap and water is one of the simplest and most effective ways to keep it looking its best. Here's how:
- Mix a small amount of mild soap with warm water.
- Dip a soft cloth into the soap solution and gently clean the glass, making sure to remove all smudges and fingerprints.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to rinse the soap off the glass.
- Dry the glass thoroughly with a soft cloth to avoid water spots.
How to clean a glass oven door using a hairdryer
If you have a particularly stubborn smudge on your glass oven door, using a hairdryer may help to remove it. Here's how:
- Turn your hairdryer on to its highest heat setting.
- Hold the hairdryer about 6 inches away from the smudge and blow hot air onto it for 30-60 seconds.
- Use a soft cloth or a microfiber cloth to wipe away the smudge.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
In conclusion, keeping your glass oven door clean is easy and straightforward. Whether you use soap and water, a hairdryer, or a mixture of baking soda and water, a little effort will go a long way in keeping your oven door looking its best.